Beginning June 22, 2020 the Jackson Hole Historical Society and Museum (JHHSM) will open for Museum Tours, historic Downtown Walking Tours, and research visits by online appointment only. This approach will allow JHHSM to control group size, avoid mixing of different households, provide time for additional cleaning, and minimize in-person transactions.
The JHHSM’s priority is to ensure the health and safety of all our staff, volunteers, and visiting public. The following protocols were developed following Teton County, State of Wyoming, and CDC guidance, as well as looking to our peer museums across the country and the American Association for Museums. We are taking the following steps to ensure that museum visits run safely and pleasantly.
- An online scheduling and payment system will be integrated into JHHSM’s existing online store.
- Visitors will be able to make an appointment Monday – Saturday 10am – 4pm.
- Museum admission and walking tours will be $10/person each. Tickets will be sold with a specific time slot. Children 5 and under are free. Groups of 10 or less may be scheduled.
- All other staff will continue to work from home and communicate with all staff members if and when they need to work in the office.
- CDC, State, and County Guidelines will be posted at all entrances.
Health & Safety Protocols
- If any visitor or staff member has any cold or flu-like health issues, such as sneezing, coughing, runny or blocked nose, fever, or others, they will be instructed to stay at home and not enter the museum.
- Entrance/Exit – Exterior building doors will remain locked at all times. Staff members will only unlock the front door for scheduled visits.
- Stations will be set up at the back door and front door with free masks and hand sanitizer.
- Staff and visitors are required to wear masks during all tours.
- Visitors will not be allowed to touch anything other than the front door and any store purchases they make.
- The Museum Store is open but payment is only possible with credit/debit transactions. We will request that all visitors touch as few items as possible in the store.
- All benches and interactive activities will be removed from the exhibit gallery.
- JHHSM bathrooms will be closed to the public and directed to the public Home Ranch Lot bathrooms.
- No coat or bag storage will be available at the museum.
- JHHSM staff will wipe all door handles and front desk surfaces in between each visit.
- JHHSM staff will wash their hands in between each visit.
- JHHSM custodian will complete a deep clean of the building at least twice a week.