The Jackson Hole Historical Society and Museum (JHHSM) is currently open for in-person visits. No reservations needed; masks required to be worn. No more than 4 separate household groups and/or a total of 15 people will be admitted at one time to allow for recommended physical distancing.
Research visits are welcome by online or phone appointment. This approach will allow JHHSM to control group size and provide time for additional cleaning.
The JHHSM’s priority is to ensure the health and safety of all our staff, volunteers, and visiting public. The following protocols were developed following Teton County, State of Wyoming, and CDC guidance, as well as looking to our peer museums across the country and the American Association for Museums. We are taking the following steps to ensure that museum visits run safely and pleasantly.
- Masks required to be worn.
- No more than 4 separate household groups and/or 15 people admitted at one time to allow for physical distancing.
- Other staff will continue to work from home and communicate with all staff members if and when they need to work in the office.
- CDC, State, and County Guidelines will be posted at all entrances.
Health & Safety Protocols
- If any visitor or staff member has any cold or flu-like health issues, such as sneezing, coughing, runny or blocked nose, fever, or others, they will be instructed to stay at home and not enter the museum.
- Stations will be set up at the back door and front door with free masks and hand sanitizer.
- Staff and visitors are required to wear masks.
- Visitors will not be allowed to touch anything other than the front door and any store purchases they make.
- The Museum Store is open and while we will accept cash, we encourage payment with a credit/debit card. We will request that all visitors touch as few items as possible in the store.
- All benches and interactive activities will be removed from the exhibit gallery.
- JHHSM bathrooms will be closed to the public and directed to the public Home Ranch Lot bathrooms.
- No coat or bag storage will be available at the museum.
- JHHSM staff will wipe all door handles and front desk surfaces.
- JHHSM staff will wash their hands frequently.
- JHHSM custodian will complete a deep clean of the building at least twice a week.