History Museum construction is underway!
Join us, we’re making history!
Be part of a bold vision to create a new home for history in Jackson Hole. Help build a museum campus where our community can gather, be enriched, and flourish through connection to our shared history.
Situated on a historic block, adjacent to protected greenspace and in the heart of downtown, the new campus will welcome all to a 21st-century museum rooted in our uniquely Jackson Hole history. The campus will feature:
- Exhibition galleries that tell the breadth and diversity of Jackson Hole history in a contemporary and interactive way
- Marion W. Buchenroth dedicated classroom for programs, field trips, after-school programming, and summer camp
- A welcoming and accessible research center to share our archive and collection with the public
- Two historic cabins to expand the immersive visitor experience
- Outdoor programming space for JHHSM, partner and rental use
We want to thank the community for supporting this project from its beginning on the SPET ballot to shoveling the first bit of dirt to break ground in Fall 2022. We truly are in the final stretch, and we need your help to complete and deliver this history campus to our community!
Gifts of all sizes are appreciated; every dollar truly makes a difference. To receive information about giving opportunities, planned giving and naming opportunities, please contact Executive Director Morgan Jaouen at 307.733.2414 or [email protected].
Watch the History Museum take shape in this (30-second) construction time-lapse video!
Learn more about the project on our About the Project page.