The following stories and histories are shared by Crow historian and storyteller Grant Bulltail at his request; thank you Grant for sharing these with the world!
THE CROW CREATION STORY
- Crow Creation Story (PDF)
- Crow Creation Story – English version (2016)
- Crow Creation Story – Crow version (2015)
BIISHISH’S FAST IN THE TETONS: “HOW THE CROW GOT THEIR HORSES”
- Introduction to Biishish’s Fast in the Tetons – English version (2013)
- Biishish’s Fast in the Tetons – English version (2013)
- Introduction to Crow fasting practices (2016)
- Biishish’s Fast in the Tetons – Crow version (2016)
OLD MAN COYOTE STORIES
- Introduction to Crow “Old Man Coyote Stories”
- Old Man Coyote Builds a Sweat Lodge
- Old man Coyote Marries Old Red Woman
- Old Man Coyote and the 7 Bulls
- Old Man Coyote teaches People to Lie, Steal, Cheat, Be jealous and Greedy!
- Old Man Coyote has a Beautiful Young Wife
THE BATTLE OF RAINY BUTTES
The Crow Creation Story – Crow (Audio)
The Crow Creation Story – English (Video)
Recorded in the Crow language by Crow historian and traditional story-teller Grant Bulltail for: the Jackson Hole Historical Society in Jackson, WY; Greater Yellowstone Historical Society, Dubois, WY; Little Bighorn College, Crow Agency, MT; and the Fife Folklore Archives at Utah State University, Logan, Utah. Crow language version recorded in a hotel at Thermopolis, WY in the winter of 2015. Translated into English by Grant in the winter of 2016 with Dr. Sharon Kahin (JHHSM), John Mionczynski and Alexander Cree at the Super 8 Motel in Hardin, MT. Transcribed for the JHHSM website in the spring of 2016 for all to enjoy. Thank you Grant!!
Biishiish’s Fast in the Tetons (Video)
The Old Man Coyote Stories (Video)