We closed on the corner.
Exciting progress to date
We purchased the southeast lot on The Block – our future Home for History.
- In 2019 during the Jackson Hole Land Trust’s “Save the Block” campaign, Jackson Hole Historical Society and Museum (JHHSM) identified The Block as the ideal permanent home for the JHHSM.
- Voters in the November 2019 Specific Purpose Excise Tax (SPET) ballot enthusiastically agreed, approving a SPET tax to support the project with a majority of the vote.
- Our location on the southeast corner of The Block and collaboration with the Jackson Hole Land Trust, Teton County Historic Preservation Board, Cafe Genevieve, Persephone, and Healthy Being Juicery, will anchor the character of our beloved downtown with authentic stories and objects that define our local identity — past, present, and future.
The project is a long-term investment that will benefit the Jackson Hole community well into the future.
- The museum campus will be a community asset built to last another 100 years.
- Our strong, contemporary leadership will guide the project with a long-term vision.
- We have a demonstrated track record for working collaboratively with the community.
A public-private partnership makes this vision a reality.
If you are interested in learning more, please contact Morgan Albertson Jaouen at 307-733-2414.